A NUNEATON boy aged 14 has appeared in court on 14 charges of sex abuse against young girls.

The offences, including five counts of rape, are alleged to have taken place in Nuneaton and Atherstone between May 2009 and September last year.

The boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was accompanied by his parents when he stood before youth court magistrates at the Warwickshire Justice Centre in Nuneaton yesterday.

He spoke only to confirm his name, age and address.

He is accused of sexually assaulting girls aged seven and eight; inciting girls of the same age to engage in sexual activity; and raping girls under the age of 13.

Prosecuting solicitor Naila Iqbal said: “This case can only be heard by a district judge and I ask for it to be adjourned for one week.

“The defendant is on conditional bail, with conditions that he must not contact the two complainants, that he must not have any contact with any child under the age of 11 without adult supervision and that he is subject to a curfew at his home address between 5pm and 8am every day.”

Defending solicitor David Coyle said there was no objection to the bail terms.

Presiding magistrate Ian Jennings told the boy: “This is considered to be a serious crime and the case will be heard in front of a district judge at Nuneaton on January 18.”

Advertisements